Providing a way to mirror posts from within Radio Userland to Blogger.com and Blogspot.com using the Atom API.

Friday, June 03, 2005

The RadioAtomBridge Tool

I have been a long time user of Radio Userland ... one of the first, powerful blogging applications around. One of the coolest things about Radio was that is is also a development platform, and is able to be customized and modified by anyone. I quickly learned how to hack my way around inside of Radio using the Usertalk language ... yet another scripting language.

With all of this I quickly began to customize and enhance the blogging capabilities. I have made numerous hacks to the aggregator and to the blogging engine.

A while back I realized that I really wanted to use Radio to be able to post to some of my blogs that are hosted at Blogger.com and Blogspot.com. I found some tools that other people had written - specifically the ManilaBloggerBridge written by Dave Winer, and then the xManilaBloggerBridge written by Steve Hooker.

I had two requirements:
  1. I wanted to have my posts mirrored to Blogger.com or Blogspot.com
  2. I wanted to do this on a category by category basis
I was able to hack on the xManilaBloggerBridge code and get it working, however I ran into a third "wish" ... the support of post Titles. It turns out that the Blogger API (which these older tools used) did not support passing in a Title with a post.

When I found that Google/Blogger.com was now fully supporting access via the Atom API I realized that it was time to create a new version of these tools, updated to use the new API ... which supports Titles.

So this is it ... the new and improved RadioAtomBridge Tool ... a derivative of the xManilaBloggerBridge Tool which was a derivative of the ManilaBloggerBridge Tool. I'm giving all of this code to Userland to incorporate this into a future version of Radio ... and I'll also maintain a copy of this here for as long as it makes sense.

If you have questions, feel free to e-mail ... I'll get back to you as soon as possible!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dell latitude ls 400 battery
dell inspiron 500m battery

dell latitude d500 battery
dell latitude d600 battery
dell inspiron 510m battery
dell inspiron 600m battery
dell latitude d400 battery
dell inspiron 8500 battery
dell inspiron 8600 battery
dell latitude d800 battery
dell inspiron 5000 battery

12:27 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Helpful post about The RadioAtomBridge Tool...
Regards,
Back Office services

12:05 AM

 
Anonymous kpo services India said...

An efficient outsourcing management can benefit and improve your business.
Regards,
kpo services

1:23 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Villas-Boas accepts the teenager only has a slight frame, although the likes of Luka Modric, Jack Wilshere and Samir Nasri all thrive without having imposing physiques.sell domainsTrainline Discount Codes

6:30 AM

 
Blogger Ahad said...

Thanks For Post which have lot of knowledge and informataion thanks.... KeyShot pro Crack




atom Crack





VLC Media Player Crack





Nero Platinum Crack




Free YouTube Download Crack





Freemake Video Converter Crack






reFX Nexus Crack






EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Crack

10:08 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home